Rape culture is a sociological concept used to describe a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalised due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality.(Wikipedia)
Note: This post will also feature links to rape statistics.
- Rape culture in media LINK
- Between 2 and 10 % of rape accusations are fake LINK
- 90% of adult rape victims are female LINK
- Crime US 2014 Divided by gender: in 2004, males commited 9,449 rapes, comprared to females 308 LINK
- More rape statistics LINK
- Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men are raped in England and Wales alone every year LINK